When you explore your real estate opportunities in the Alabama Gulf Coast, you will find that luxury homes are some of the most sought-after properties in the area.
What is a Luxury Home?
Unlike other real estate types that have set defining characteristics, luxury homes cover a wide spectrum of real estate properties. A condo can be a luxury property, and so can a townhome or a single-family residence. That said, there are features that make a house a “luxury home.”
- Location and its desirability. We can say that homes located in established and exclusive neighborhoods are luxury homes. Waterfront and beachfront properties, as well as secluded mountain retreats also fall under the category, most especially if the area is sought after or attract high-end home buyers.
- High market value. A house can be considered a luxury property if it’s in the higher end of the spectrum regarding market prices. Of course, this depends on where you live. In the Alabama Gulf Coast, homes valued at a million dollars and above are considered luxury homes.
- Amenities. If the house offers premium-quality features and amenities, it will most likely qualify as a luxury property. These features can range from the materials used (hardwood, stones, marble, finishes) and appliances (top-of-the-line brands like Miele) to amenities such as a heated indoor pool, an in-house spa, and a wine cellar.
- Provenance. Like art, a home’s history and a trail of ownership can also contribute to its prestige. A house that’s been owned by a string of high-profile celebrities or influential figures can fetch for a high price. Similarly, a house build by a prominent architect can also be considered a luxury property.
Tips on Buying a Luxury Home
In order to purchase your dream luxury home in the Alabama Gulf Coast, here are a couple of tips to live by.
- Work with a specialist. If you want to concentrate your home search on luxury properties, working with a luxury home expert is a must. He or she will be able to tell you all about luxury homes and guide you to the best listings in the area.
- Do an extensive walkthrough of the property. Don’t just rely on listing photos and video tours– visit the actual luxury home to see it for yourself. If you want to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth, you can also invite a professional home inspector to come with you.
- Get pre-approved. If you don’t need financing, prepare the proper documentation to prove you can afford the property.
Explore Luxury Homes in the Alabama Gulf Coast!
I can help you find the luxury home that fits your lifestyle in Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, and Foley. Browse my website or email me today at realtor(dotted)amberlawson(at)gmail(dotted)com for more details.